October 24, 2008

Spot the Turtle

This is spot. Tabitha wanted a turtle for her birthday this year. So I agreed thinking that we could get one with a little bowl and put it in her room. Here we are. Spot and a 40 gallon tank to go with him. They say that if you buy a small tank you will have to upsize it in a month or so. So me being a saver said no, I would rather get what I need now and not have to purchase another one. Well, then comes the rocks, log for him to play in, ledge for him to bask in the spotlight and filter. Did I mention that I had to purchase a stand for this to sit on also??? Yes, we are now hoping that Spot lives the 30+ years that he is suppose to so Tabitha's children can someday play with him.




All that being said he has the cutest personality. When you go to feed him he will swim over to you.
Turtle soup anyone???


1 comment:

Jodi said...

Well wouldn't Grandpa James have loved to really loved to have planned to this meal of Turtle Soup!?!?!?! I just can't imagine you having purchased a turtle. I wish I still had Oscar Goober-tooth Shagnasty. You remember that turtle of mine????